Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Dyed my hair blonde & hate it!?

Yesterday I used Clairol Born Blonde on my brown hair. I followed the directions to the T but don't like the results. Since this is a "bleaching" product... can I just go get some brown dye and dye over it or will it turn it a green/ashy color? What should I get to fix it? Please don't advise me to go to the salon because I dont have the $$ and that's not an option. Thanks!



Dyed my hair blonde %26amp; hate it!?

Clairol has an 800# in their packaging to ask questions. They will know which of their products you can use that won't react negatively with the product you just used.



Dyed my hair blonde %26amp; hate it!?

ok well i have a friend and she has brown hair. she died it blonde and it made her look so much better. i think if you kinda like it then stick with it. i mean everyone looks good. to my perspective BLONDES are really cute



Dyed my hair blonde %26amp; hate it!?

wait about a week and don't wash your hair for the whole week. Your hair will need the time to relax from all of the chemicals you recently put into it. get a very dark brown hair color when you are going to dye it to contrast with the lightness (blonde) that is on your hair now. leave the brown hair dye in your hair for a little over the amount recommended to insure it has really sucked into your hair.



blonde hair is not for everyone!! including me!



Dyed my hair blonde %26amp; hate it!?

Herbal Essence do a colour stripping product you can buy in the supermarket and if you put that on first it should strip the 'badness' of the blonde before you put a brown on...whatever you do DON'T try changing the blond or putting anything that ha the words Ash in it, that will make you're hair green....I'm sure Clairol have a hotline, there's usually a number on the box and they're pretty good at giving advice...I've been there :O)



Dyed my hair blonde %26amp; hate it!?

It depends on what it looks like now. If it has reddish tones get ash, one to two shade lighter than your natural color as the color is going to grab darker because this is a bleaching product and your hair is porous. Also if it has orangey/brassy tones you need something with a blue/violet base. Try sally beauty and go look at the clairol products, it has the base color listed on the label. Get 10 vol. developer to mix it with while you are there. The 10 vol. is for deposit only color and won't lift your hair any lighter .



Dyed my hair blonde %26amp; hate it!?

WELL THE WAY THAT I WOULD DO IT IS TO EITHER GET A WIG OR TO GO TO A LOCAL BEAUTY SHOP AND FIND OUT IF YOU COULD GET A SOWED OR GLUED IN QUICK WEAVE.



Dyed my hair blonde %26amp; hate it!?

maybe you just have to give it a little bit of time before you like it, like get over the shock of going from brown to blonde



if not, just get clairol born brunette (or whatever) and dye it back.



Dyed my hair blonde %26amp; hate it!?

go back to the drugstore and get a hair color remover kit and another box of hair color... I know l'oreal has one.. that will lift the color off your hair but it will also leave your hair orangey so you have to dye it again.... Try using a color labeled "cool" or "ash" because this will help balance out orangeness. Use a color like "light ash brown"--don't try to go too dark.



good luck!



PS do NOT just dye dark brown over it if it's light blonde, i've done this before, it will turn GREY!



Oh yeah and don't blow dry it or straighten it for a week after this! You probably won't even really need to wash it that much. Your hair is going to be extremely fragile so deep condition and give it time to heal.



Dyed my hair blonde %26amp; hate it!?

Oh man, I've done that before. You need to leave it alone for a few weeks. If you try to fix it, you will make it worse. Wash it less often than normal, because you need to let your scalp adjust. Use some deep conditioning. Although it can get a little pricey, try some organic hair products- they don't have any alcohol or harsh chemicals. After a few weeks, just pick up some hair dye (I used to use either Herbal Essences or Feria) and do it to it! Once I botched my hair so badly, I waited until some of my roots grew in, and then matched a dye color as closely as possible to them. It worked and looked as if nothing was wrong except that my hair was in terrible condition. PLEASE take care of your hair- it CAN fall out!



Dyed my hair blonde %26amp; hate it!?

First, do a mayonnaise treatment to put back some of the oils. Just add a little to your hair, massage it in then wrap it with plastic (small grocery bag) for about 10 minutes. Wash, if available, add a hair gel, then dry.



After a couple of hours or longer (24 hrs would be best) use a hair color close to your natural color.

No comments:

Post a Comment